Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sorry for the delay - its a purple summer!




Well, a long 11 days later, I am finally blogging again! And as you can see, Bekah finished my branding! I love it so much! I think it captures me and my crafting perfectly. 

Carol, my boss at Simply Fibers is out of town at the beach in Florida. So, I have been running the store along with another girl Kelle. It has been fun, but yesterday was about to be the death of me. I am just saying, one of my least favorite things in the world might be pushy people. I was giving a knitting lesson and this woman who just happens to teach knitting at some other store, butted in and started giving the poor lady the WORST knitting advise I have ever heard. I wont go into details but lets just say that if you are having to use a different size needle on each row - you might want to perfect your tension instead. 

Clearly that last paragraph sounds ridiculous to anyone who doesn't knit. I can picture my mom right now reading it and just rolling her eyes at her knitting daughter - lovingly of course.... 

Ok here are my current projects. The purple sweater is out of Rowan Cashsoft DK for a one year old little girl. I am so excited to see her in it. The pattern and link will be on etsy and ravelry within a week! I promise! The scarf is out of beautiful merino and cashmere yarn from Punta Del Este...its my weak attempt at lace knitting. 

Enjoy - I am going to watch Race to Witch Mountain because I secretly love to act like a thirteen year old! 

1 comment:

  1. Maddi - the purple sweater you have featured in this post was the one that was made for my daughter, Kate. It is absolutely precious, and I LOVE it! We tried it on today, and it fits her very well. I'm excited for the weather to cool down, so she can wear it. It's such a sweet pattern, and the detailing is amazing. I will take a picture of Kate wearing the sweater so you can see. Thank you so much! Jill

    ReplyDelete